The box office opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, for High-Roller All-Access VIPs and at noon for 5-day ticket-holders. It remains open through Sunday, July 30, 2017 (although it does close overnight from midnight to 9 a.m.). Your arrival depends on the ticket type purchased; please consult your ticket for details.
YES! To ensure that your check-in is easy breezy, please bring your printed ticket with you (cell service is not always reliable). If you are a Vendor, Artist, Media, or Partner, please check with your festival contact on general check-in procedures.
– Once you purchase, you will receive an order confirmation email from Eventbrite on behalf of FloydFest.
– IMPORTANT: If you do not see your order confirmation in your inbox, make sure to check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not see your order confirmation, click here to access the Eventbrite help center: https://www.eventbrite.com/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/where-are-my-tickets?lg=en_US
– If you are having any other technical ticketing-related issues with your order, click here to contact Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/support?lg=en_US. If your issue is still unresolved, call our office directly at 1-888-VA-FESTS and we’d be more than happy to help!
But, of course, and you have multiple options. All High Roller All-Access VIPs camp in a designated backstage camping area (or elsewhere, if they prefer; though Premium Woodsy camp requires the additional purchase of that tent tag). This year’s 4- and 5-Day Adult HOV-EZ Passholders camp in GA Tent Tag areas (Main Field Bundle purchasers) or beside their vehicles (Park & Camp Bundle purchasers). Non-HOV-EZ Passholders can opt to purchase a ticket bundled with a GA Tent Tag, or can buy multiple-day tickets and either a GA Tent Tag or Premium Woodsy Tent Tag, a la carte.
Yes! Located approximately 10 minutes from FloydFest proper, Delta Lot is a dream, with showers and bathroom facilities, potable water for cooking and cleaning, bottled water and ice for sale, a roaring campfire, and even a camp store. Delta Lot houses park-and-campers and both powered and unplugged RV campsites. Shuttle service connects Delta Lot patrons with the main festival grounds throughout the five glorious days of the festival. Delta Lot bus shuttles run from noon to 2 a.m. on Wednesday, from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday to Sunday, and from 9 a.m. to noon on Monday. But it’s 2:01 a.m., and I wanna go back to camp!? Don’t fret — two shuttle vans run between the festival venue and Delta Lot between 2 and 9 a.m.
Yes, all baggage and coolers entering the FloydFest site are subject to search; spouses, as well. No outside alcohol, no drugs, no glass and no weapons are allowed into the festival site. If you have medical equipment, such as insulin supplies, please inform the security personnel performing the search.
No, all patron tickets are issued in advance, via email. You must print them out and bring them with you. If you are a Vendor, Artist, Media, or Partner, please check with your festival contact for more specific check-in procedures.
Hugs are free — and plentiful at FloydFest.
Although the FloydFest freedom continues indelibly in each of us, FloydFest 17~Freedom will begin its annual hiatus at noon on Monday, July 31, 2017, when all patrons are required to exit the site.
Nope, just wandering — thanks for asking.
Please help keep everyone’s sightlines clear; pop-up tents, which are very frustrating to some patrons, and very necessary to others, are allowed ONLY on one cordoned-off area on the side of the front main field, where they do not block the sightlines of others. The front main concert field area, from the stage to the signage, is for standing and blankets only. Midway back, posted signage designates the “chair seating” area, and, from the fountain back, umbrellas and see-through shade apparatus — other than pop-ups — are allowed. Unless you require the larger footprint of a pop-up shade tent for medical conditions, or because of very young children, please utilize an alternative, as space for these is very limited.
But, of course, and you have multiple options. All High-Roller All-Access VIPs camp in a designated backstage camping area (or elsewhere, if they prefer; though Premium Woodsy camp requires the additional purchase of that tent tag). This year’s 4- and 5-Day Adult HOV-EZ Passholders camp in GA Tent Tag areas (Main Field Bundle purchasers) or beside their vehicles (Park & Camp Bundle purchasers). Non-HOV-EZ Passholders can opt to purchase a ticket bundled with a GA Tent Tag, or can buy multiple-day tickets and either a GA Tent Tag or Premium Woodsy Tent Tag, a la carte.
Yes! Located approximately 10 minutes from FloydFest proper, Delta Lot is a dream, with showers and bathroom facilities, potable water for cooking and cleaning, bottled water and ice for sale, a roaring campfire, and even a camp store. Delta Lot houses park-and-campers and both powered and unplugged RV campsites. Shuttle service connects Delta Lot patrons with the main festival grounds throughout the five glorious days of the festival. Delta Lot bus shuttles run from noon to 2 a.m. on Wednesday, from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday to Sunday, and from 9 a.m. to noon on Monday.
But it’s 2:01 a.m., and I wanna go back to camp!? Don’t fret — two shuttle vans run between the festival venue and Delta and Alpha lots between 2 and 9 a.m.
At FloydFest, each tent requires a Tent Tag. However, only one Tent Tag is needed for as many people in your party can fit (or would like to fit) into one tent. Thus, 1 Tent Tag = 1 Tent; 1 Tent = 1-or-more patrons.
No — only one Tent Tag is needed per tent. So, if you’re a couple sharing a tent for five days in one tent, you’d only need to purchase one 5-Day GA with Tent Tag ticket and one 5-Day GA ticket. If you’re a family of three staying for four days and staying in a singular tent, then you’d only need one Tent Tag — that is, you’d buy a 4-Day GA with Tent Tag ticket, a 4-Day GA ticket, and a Kid GA ticket. But if that family wanted to separate into two tents, they’d need to purchase two Tent Tags. We understand, either way. All in all, it’s 1 Tent Tag = 1 Tent; 1 Tent = 1-or-more patrons.
Yes — mostly because it’s attached to your tent, you’re too tuckered out to take it off, and it’s a cool surprise on your next outdoor adventure.
Akin to 2015 and 2016, FloydFest is proud to have the original Alpha Lot back for 2017, where all single-day and multi-day patrons will park. Alpha Lot is owned by Chateau Morrisette and is located very close to the main festival site. The address for Alpha Lot is 3641 Black Ridge Road, Floyd, Va. 24091, and directions can be found by visiting http://floydfest.com/directions/ — as well as below:
- From stoplight in Floyd, Va.
Take Highway 221 South (4 miles) to Canning Factory Road, turn Left
Canning Factory Road (.1 mile) to Black Ridge Road, turn Right
Black Ridge Road (6.8 miles) to Alpha Lot, turn Left
- From Stuart, Va.
Highway 58 West (14 miles) to Willis Road, turn Right
Willis Road (3 miles) to Rock Church Road, turn Right
Rock Church Road (1.5 miles) to Blue Ridge Parkway, go Straight
Black Ridge Road (.4 miles) to Alpha Lot, turn Right
- From Hillsville, Va.
Highway 58 East (24 miles) to Willis Road, turn Left
Willis Road (3 miles) to Rock Church Road, turn Right
Rock Church Road (1.5 miles) to Blue Ridge Parkway, go Straight
Black Ridge Road (.4 miles) to Alpha Lot, turn Right
Alpha Lot opens at noon on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, remaining open throughout all five days of the festival. Alpha Lot is located at 3641 Black Ridge Road in Floyd, Va.
All vehicles must exit Alpha Lot by 2 p.m. on Monday, July 31, 2017.
Some FloydFest faithful may remember this ticket-type from year’s past, and it’s back due to patron demand! X-Spot onsite parking is the best ticket you can buy for your vehicle at the festival, affording you super-close onsite parking on the FloydFest grounds. This ticket does not include general patron admission, which must be purchased separately.
Shuttle service connects Delta Lot and Alpha Lot patrons with the main festival grounds throughout the five glorious days of the festival. Delta Lot and Alpha Lot bus shuttles run from noon to 2 a.m. on Wednesday, from 9 a.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday to Sunday, and from 9 a.m. to noon on Monday. But it’s 2:01 a.m., and I wanna go back to camp!? Don’t fret — two shuttle vans run between the festival venue and Delta Lot between 2 and 9 a.m.
Delta Lot opens at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, remaining open throughout all five days of the festival. Delta Lot is located at 2889 Helms Road in Meadows of Dan, Va.
Delta Lot closes at 2 p.m. on Monday, July 31, 2017.
I have a Delta Lot RV pass, but only a 4-day pass to FloydFest. Can I arrive at Delta on Wednesday, or do I have to wait until Thursday?
Ah, making the most of the camping — we like it! Your Delta lot pass is good for all five days, so you’re welcome to come Wednesday; you simply won’t be able to access the festival until Thursday.
Delta Lot will feature a food vendor for all five days of the festival, so early morning eats or late-night treats are only a short scamper away.
Additional offsite parking passes for assistants are $25 and are in the ALPHA lot, located 1 mile away. There will be shuttle buses traveling between the parking lot and the festival site all week.
Attn: Emily Townsend
907 Royer Dr. Charlottesville, Va. 22902
Emily Townsend, Vendor Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org * Please email for the quickest response*
Artist/Retail/Non-Profit/Specialty Food booths include admission for TWO people, ONE Vendor Tent Tag, a 10’ X 10’ booth space with a 10’x10’ backspace for camping, limited electricity, and ONE parking pass for the Vendor Parking area located near the venue entrance. Concessionaire booths include 10’ frontage x 20’ depth space, admission for FOUR people, TWO Vendor Tent Tags, TWO parking passes (one for the Vendor Parking area located near the venue entrance and one for an onsite service truck), electricity and water hookups.
Vendors with an onsite parking pass may check- in at the drive through toll booth at the festival site entrance. Vendors with an onsite parking pass may follow directions to the festival site on the vendor page on the website, www.floydfest.com. After checking in and exchanging pre-printed tickets for the coordinating item, vendors will drive into the festival and stop at Vendor HQ, located next to the General Store, to be escorted to the booth location.
- All vendors, vendor assistant tickets, vendor tent tags and parking passes will be emailed in advance. Upon arrival at Vendor Check-in, the pre-printed tickets will be exchanged for the coordinating item.
- TWO discounted ‘Vendor’ assistant tickets at the price of $200 will be available one time only on the ‘accepted vendor payment form.’ Afterwards, assistant tickets are full price and can be purchased on the website, www.floydfest.com. All vendor assistants with a ‘Vendor’ ticket may arrive any time after Sunday, July 23, and vendor assistants with a general admission ticket must arrive on the day specified on their ticket.
Each vendor will be issued ONE vehicle parking pass to be used in the Vendor/Staff Parking lot or behind the booth space where possible. There are very limited locations where ‘behind booth parking’ is logistically possible at the FloydFest site. Vehicles parked behind booth spaces must not be moved until the end of the festival. If parking behind the booth space is a necessity, note it on your application.
- Please arrive at the festival with all booth setup materials in your ONE onsite vehicle.
- Vendors will not be able to access their booths by vehicle between Wednesday and Sunday. If supplies are needed from your vehicle located in Vendor Parking, golf cart shuttling is available.
RV spaces are available on a limited, first-come: first-served basis in the offsite Delta Lot ONLY. There will be regular shuttles running to and from the offsite parking areas and the Festival grounds around-the-clock beginning Sunday, July 23. The ‘option to purchase’ offsite Delta lot RV spaces is listed on the ‘accepted vendor payment form’. The cost for an RV space is $175 and is required with your booth fee. RV spaces will not be available for purchase after this time.
- The festival is located on 80 rural acres; primitive camping is permitted through Sunday night.
- Vendors may camp in the 10’x10’ backline behind booth spaces OR ‘Park and Camp’ in the Vendor/Staff parking lot.
- All Vendor tents require a Vendor Tent Tag and ONE Vendor Tent Tag is included with acceptance/admission. An additional Vendor Tent Tag is available upon request. Upon arrival, Tent Tag tickets will be exchanged for a weather-proof credential and zip-tie which must be affixed to the zipper of your tent or tent-like structure.
- Drinking water, port-o-johns and outdoor showers are available.
Limited electricity is included in your vendor fee; we ask that electrical usage be limited to only what is required to operate your booth. Maximum Electricity allowance per vendor is 120v, 20amps. Electricity should not be used for camping or extraneous items. You must provide your own weather safe drop/extension cords. We recommend bringing 100’ of outdoor electrical extension cord. All bulbs used must be CFL’s or LED’s in accordance with the FloydFest Sustainability Guide.
- Accepted vendors will be emailed an acceptance letter with payment instructions. Vendors will have an opportunity to purchase two additional worker tickets at a discounted price of $200.
- All Vendor fees are due by May 20, 2017. If payment is not received by May 20, 2017, the vendor space is automatically forfeited. A $35 fee will be assessed to any returned checks. June 1, 2017 is the last date to cancel for a refund.
Selections are made by a qualified jury, based on multiple criteria. Notification will be sent via email by April 20, 2017.
Please submit online or by mail a completed application and a non-refundable $15 registration fee by April 1, 2017. Please note that the $15 application fee will be deposited regardless of vendor acceptance. Late applications will not be accepted. Applications must be accompanied by 4 digital photos (including one of the booth space) and food vendors must submit a detailed menu *with current prices*.
Vendor assistants parking offsite may exchange pre-printed tickets for coordinating items at the offsite parking lot box offices and shuttle into the FloydFest site.
All check-in and setup needs to be completed during the hours listed below:
Sunday – July 23, 2017 12 pm — 6pm Saturday arrivals, please make arrangements in advance.
Monday – July 24, 2017 10 am – 8 pm
Tuesday – July 25, 2017 9 am – 9 pm*
While FloydFest is still a rural, outdoor festival held in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia (in what used to be a cow field), we strive to make the site available to as many music fans as possible. In 2016, we continue to work toward making the FloydFest site as accessible as possible to all of our patrons, including those with disabilities. ADA patrons will find a centrally located ADA information tent, nearby parking, and numerous handicapped-accessible port-o-johns. FloydFest also features ADA Camping Hosts to answer questions and solve logistics for ADA patrons.
ADA shuttles are available to assist patrons with special needs to negotiate the FloydFest site. Please stop by the ADA information tent upon arrival to discuss shuttle options and schedules. If in need of transport, reach out to any FloydFest staff member with a radio and ask them to call for a ride.
If you purchased an ADA Onsite Parking pass, you are free to come and go from the FloydFest site throughout the weekend. We cannot guarantee that you will receive the same parking space, but a space will be available upon your return.
With flat area at a premium on our mountain landscape, FloydFest has set aside a few ADA-designated spaces near the FloydFest Camp Store and ADA Headquarters. Reserved ADA camping is available onsite, with qualified assistance. If you are purchasing a tent tag and planning to camp onsite and would like to locate in this area, please email email@example.com to be added to the ADA camping list.
Somewhat — it was created from patron demand in 2015, returned in 2016, and is once again offered in 2017. You wanted parking onsite, and we engineered a green-minded, economical plan to bring it to fruition. The HOV-EZ Passes are unique to FloydFest, and, we believe, will add to your festival experience.
Because with the ‘Main Field’ bundle, you get to park your car ONSITE and with the ‘Park & Camp’ bundle, you get to camp NEXT to your car! You identified the need for both in multiple patron surveys — ask, and ye shall receive, eh?
The ‘Main Field’ is located on the right side of the 80-acre venue just as you enter, in the space that in year’s past housed tents and vehicles (2014) and VIPs and RVs (2013 and prior). The ‘Park & Camp’ field is located on a large tract below that area, but still close to all the action. As mentioned, ‘Main Field’ bundle purchasers are allowed one car onsite and can camp anywhere a GA Tent Tag is allowed, and ‘Park & Camp’ bundle purchasers are allowed to park onsite and camp beside their vehicle.
“HOV” refers to High-Occupancy Vehicle, and is quite fitting. HOV ticketholders are our greenest festival attendees because they are carpooling to the festival. All HOV-EZ purchases include access for four adults per one car, two kids and include two tent tags and an onsite parking pass.
Each HOV-EZ Pass — both ‘Main Field’ and ‘Park & Camp’ — includes (4) Adult GA tickets, (2) Kid GA tickets, (2) onsite GA Tent Tags and (1) onsite parking pass. ‘Main Field’ bundle purchasers may setup camp anywhere a GA Tent Tag is allowed, and ‘Park & Camp’ bundle purchasers are allowed to setup shop beside their vehicle.
If you have a HOV-EZ Main Field onsite-parking pass, then, yes, you are allowed to drive your vehicle on and off site during the festival. However, if you have a HOV-EZ Park & Camp onsite-parking pass, you are not allowed to come and go during the festival due to tents being in close proximity to vehicles.
No. We understand a ‘high-occupancy vehicle’ could become a bit crammed if coming from a long distance (especially with four adults and two kids), so we remind patrons that a HOV group could leave a car at our day/multi-day parking lot, Alpha Lot, and then jump into one vehicle to enter the festival. FloydFest features regular shuttle service between the main festival grounds and Alpha Lot. Multi-day parking passes at Alpha Lot cost $25, and are purchased upon arrival, cash only.
Good question! No, you are allowed to camp anywhere you would like, except for Premium Woodsy Camping.
FloydFest Kid tickets are good for children ages 6 to 12; kids under age 6 are admitted free. Kid tickets are good for all five days of the festival, and cost $30.
Absolutely not — but we love kids at FloydFest … so bring ‘em if you got ‘em!
The box office opens at noon on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, for 5-Day HOV ticketholders, and at 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 27, 2017, for 4-Day HOV ticketholders. It remains open through Sunday, July 30, 2017 (although it does close overnight from midnight to 9 a.m.) Your arrival depends on the ticket type purchased; please consult your ticket for details.
Click HERE to find FloydFest’s RideShare Facebook page, where you can connect with others in search of carpool mates to FloydFest 17~Freedom! Go green while making new friends, new memories and saving some cash — and parking onsite!
Although the FloydFest freedom will continue in all of us, Freedom 2017 will be extinguished by noon on Monday, July 31, 2017, when all HOV-EZ patrons are required to exit the site.
FloydFest offers premier onsite check-in for High Rollers. Gates open to High Rollers at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 26, 2017, a full three hours before 5-Day GA ticketholders. Please follow directions to the festival site, where FF Box Office teams will greet you at your vehicle with wristbands, tent tag and a parking decal, then guide you to your parking spot. Once parked, hospitality carts will assist in transporting your gear to the HRAA backstage camping area.
Onsite HRAA parking is conveniently located on a first-come, first-served basis in the HRAA lot, just past the front gate, roughly between the Tori Gate Village Path and the FloydFest Camp Store (where RVs used to park). Once onsite, you’ll be directed to your parking area where you will be met by a Guest Services team member who will then call a shuttle to transport you to your exclusive backstage camping area.
Without a doubt, the most boutique campground onsite is the HRAA VIP backstage camping area. Wooded and central to the Dreaming Creek Main Stage, catering, the VIP Pub, private stage, and myriad amenities, High-Roller VIP camp rises to meet your every need — you may never leave. Each HRAA VIP Tent Tag allows a roughly 15′-by-15′ area to camp. Of course, HRAA Tent Tags are valid anywhere onsite (with the exception of FF’s Premium Woodsy Tent Tag area), so you are free to roam — or roll, if you will.
Usually, it’s hump-day at work — but not this week! First, you beat the crowd, so you check-in and park with ease. Second, you have time to build a home-base camp using the keen and creative skill you absorbed by being (a friend to) a Boy Scout. Third, you enjoy the proverbial calm before the masses arrive; a festival site primed for its purpose. Fourth, you enjoy a special SoundCheck party with past years’ On-the-Rise winners in the Pink Floyd Beer and Wine Garden, as well as a “Welcome Back Pig-Pickin’” starting at 7 p.m. And fifth, you get some restful sleep to prepare for the mountain-magic marathon ahead.
• Camping in the HRAA exclusive backstage campground
• Early arrival (9 a.m.) on Wednesday, July 26, 2017
• Onsite parking
• Golf cart shuttles to and from vehicles and camping area
• Full backstage catering (lunch and dinner Thursday though Sunday)
• Complimentary beer, wine and other beverages available in FF’s VIP Pub backstage
• Complimentary Red Rooster coffee and tea
• Onstage seating on Dreaming Creek Main Stage and The Streamline Stage at Hill Hollar (when available)
• Expansive Guest Services Lounge area backstage
• Complimentary 15-minute massage
• Commemorative photo
• Free Wi-Fi
• Charging station for phones and electronic devices
• FloydFest Kleen Kanteen Steel Pints, plus pint rings
• FloydFest ENO bags
• Vendor coupons
• Commemorative Koozies
Golf cart shuttles are available during the following hours to take you to other stages and happenings on the festival grounds:
9 a.m. to 12 a.m. Wednesday, July 26, 2017
8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Thursday, July 27, 2017
8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Friday, July 28, 2017
8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Saturday, July 29, 2017
8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, July 30, 2017
High-Roller shuttles can be flagged down or you can meet them at one of the shuttle stops, located backstage at the Guest Services Lounge and at the FloydFest Camp Store.
I purchased a High-Roller ticket. If I leave, can I bring a different vehicle and still park onsite?
No — parking passes are non-transferrable. Once assigned, they are valid only for the vehicle they were originally designated for.
Backstage catering and complimentary beverage service begins at 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 27, 2017, and ends at 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 30, 2017. The meal hours for lunch are from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the hours for dinner are from 5 to 9 p.m. (High-Roller catering ends at 8 p.m. on Sunday, just in time for the AfterParty!). Each meal’s menu offers thoughtfully prepared choices for every taste and culinary preference. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options are always available.
Yes, you now are regulars at a neighborhood bar, the VIP Pub, situated directly backstage at the best music festival on earth. I know, it doesn’t sound fun at all. 😉 As regulars, you are entitled to complimentary beer and wine, as well as other adult beverages and a healthy offering of non-alcoholic drinks (water, soda, juice, Buchi Kombucha, etc.). The VIP Pub is open from noon to midnight Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to midnight Thursday to Saturday, and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
The VIP Pub is open from noon to midnight Wednesday, from 11 a.m. to midnight Thursday to Saturday, and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
No — but some people like to (and appreciate it if you do, too) and HRAA VIP has you covered. Hot showers are available backstage for the exclusive use of festival High Rollers, 24 hours a day! Note: The longest lines usually occur in the morning, so consider some afternoon or evening shower action.
Children age 3 and under are allowed backstage with a parent with no necessary credentials, and may share food from parents’ plates. Any child between the ages of 4 and 12 must have purchased a HRAA ticket, either a “HRAA Kid (4-7)” or a “HRAA Youth (8-12).” Without proper credentials, children may not enter the backstage area.
Please help keep our sightlines clear; pop-up tents, which are very frustrating to some patrons, and very necessary to others, are allowed ONLY on one cordoned-off area on the side of the front main concert field, where they do not block the sightlines of others. The front main concert field area, from the stage back to the stated signage, is for standing and blankets only. Midway back, posted signage designates the “chair seating” area, and, from the fountain back, umbrellas and see-through shade apparatus — other than pop-ups — are allowed. Unless you require the larger footprint of a pop-up shade tent for medical conditions, or because of very young children, please utilize an alternative, as space for these is very limited.
If you cannot unplug while at the festival, our High-Roller Guest Services Lounge has a limited number of outlets for you to use for recharging your electronics — another crucial perk of being a High Roller. While we want to offer the service for your convenience, please be aware that we do not accept responsibility for your items. (Note: We recommend you enjoy the space, and hang nearby during the charging process of your device — we made it comfy for you.)
Each High Roller receives a coupon redeemable for a 15-minute massage backstage; allotted time is based on availability. You must sign up in advance once onsite, at the backstage massage tent, and present your coupon at the time of registration. One coupon per person, please.
Generally, YES — exceptions to this are when the seating is full or when the performer requests no onstage seating during a performance. Our roomy Dreaming Creek Main Stage accommodates 40 High Rollers during a set, with space available most of the time. Stage seating for High Rollers is also offer on the Streamline Stage at Hill Holler. Stage seating is limited to one consecutive set, however, and the stages are cleared after each set to extend the opportunity to others.
Get lucky, High Rollers! Sign up early each day in the High Roller Guest Services Lounge for your chance for premier onstage seating! For each of our two nightly headlining Dreaming Creek Main Stage shows, three lucky winners and their High-Roller guest of choice will win premium onstage seating. Register before 1 p.m. daily, and we’ll text the winners by 5 p.m. Winning names will also be posted at the High-Roller Guest Services Lounge Tent and the stage-seating corral. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the set; empty seats will be given away just prior to the start of the show. Note: All onstage seating is dependent on the musical artists’ agreements.
We have packed lots of goodies in a custom-designed ENO bag for your festival fun that can be picked up at the High-Roller Catering Tent backstage any time after your 9 a.m. Wednesday check-in. Your VIP laminate is needed to issue swag bags. Among other items, the HRAA Swag Bags contain:
• Klean Kanteen commemorative beverage cup: These stainless steel cups are bottomless at the backstage VIP Pub. Refills are limitless, but don’t lose the cup — it’s required for refills! Drinking from reusable cups cuts down on our waste stream tremendously. Replacement cups are also for sale.
• Massage coupon: Use this coupon to receive your 15-minute complimentary massage from our backstage Healing Arts team, on loan from the Blue Ridge School of Massage.
• Commemorative Photo Coupon
• Vendor coupons: Assorted coupons from some of our top vendors made exclusively for our High Rollers.
• S-Biners: A colorful, convenient way of keeping up with your valuables (i.e. Klean Kanteen cup)
No, but mother insisted we get a photo. With you smiling this time, so pay attention.
Every High Roller is entitled to free, commemorative FloydFest photos at our festival photo booth (please use coupon from HRAA VIP Swag Bag). Just look for the signs, stop by the tent, costume-up with some friends, and take your same-day photo with you! This is a great take-home memory to commemorate your FloydFest experience.
Shuttle service is provided from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 30, 2017. Bring your gear to the High-Roller Guest Services Lounge tent area, and our shuttle drivers will help transport your belongings back to your vehicle. Note: The High-Roller shuttle service is available on Monday, July 31, 2017, as well; additionally HRAA VIP patrons are allowed to drive their vehicles to the backstage area to gather their gear. We will miss you.
Almost. FloydFest 17~Freedom takes place Wednesday to Sunday, July 26 to 30, 2017. Be nice to your sister — we’ll be there soon.
- A Festival Volunteer is someone who enjoys being an active participant in building, nourishing and creating the scene for our collective FloydFest dream.
- Festival Volunteers work one 4-hour shift each day of the festival (Wednesday, July 26 – Sunday, July 30) or two 10-hour “Site Breakdown” shifts the Monday/Tuesday post festival (Monday, July 31 – Tuesday, August 1) .
- In exchange for 20 hours of volunteer work, volunteers earn one FREE 5-Day General Admission Ticket to FloydFest plus other stellar perks.
- Truly the labor is its own reward; there is no feeling quite like helping to set the stage for a full on hootenanny!
- Free 5-Day General Admission Ticket to FloydFest
- Free Volunteer T-Shirt to be worn during all shifts
- Free pair of Farm-to-Feet “FloydFeet” Socks in fresh new colors for 2017
- Invitation to the FloydFest Staff & Volunteer Appreciation Night (Date TBD)
- Invitation to the FloydFest Volunteer Welcome Bonfire — following Volunteer Check In on Tuesday, July 25 p.m. at the Delta Lot
- Free water/sports drinks/soda at The Central Part of Town (The CePOT) during shifts
- Free parking in the Volunteer Parking Area at Delta Lot
- Free tent camping at Volunteer Village, located in the woodsy area of Delta Lot
All patrons camping onsite will be required to have a Tent Tag. Please purchase your GA Tent Tag via www.floydfest.com or call the FloydFest office (888-VA-FESTS).
- Our loyal, seasoned participants — our Veteran Volunteers — we love you and can’t wait to see you again! You have been short listed as folks we can count on based on your prior experience volunteering at FloydFest. To that end, all veteran volunteers from past FloydFests receive an Early Bird sign-up window prior to the Festival Volunteer opportunities being open to anyone else.
- Veteran Volunteers that volunteered at the 2017 FloydFest (Festival or Site Breakdown) will also receive a specialty food/beverage voucher upon check-in as a special THANK YOU for coming to hang with us at the fest again this year!
- This one here is a crucial question – please be familiar with all requirements below!
- 20 HOURS OF VOLUNTEERING: All Volunteers must meet the 20-hour work requirement as listed above.
- CHECK IN ON TUESDAY, JULY 25 : All Volunteers are required to be checked-in between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 25 at Delta Lot. Make sure you check in on time so you don’t miss the Volunteer Welcome Bonfire at 9 p.m.!
- Directions can be found here http://floydfest.com/directions/ and will also be in your confirmation email.
- IMPORTANT: Though we’d prefer all volunteers to check in on Tuesday so we’re ready to roll on that first day (Wednesday) of the festival, we value you and your time so we realize it might not be possible for all. If you have a work/school conflict with Tuesday’s check in window, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by JUNE 1, 2017 to discuss alternative check-in options.
- ATTEND VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: All Volunteers (new and veteran) are required to attend one of the two Orientation sessions. Both Orientations will be held at The Central Part of Town (The CePOT).
- Wednesday, July 26, 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 26, 6 p.m.
- IMPORTANT: Those volunteers with scheduling conflicts, please email email@example.com by JUNE 1, 2017 to discuss an alternative Orientation plan.
Head on over to the FloydFest website http://floydfest.com/freedom-fighters/volunteers/ and complete the online volunteer application. (Application will be available in early March.)
- An online application and $20 application fee are required to be considered for a volunteer position. Keep in mind that the earlier you apply, the better your chances at getting your preferred volunteer position and schedule.
- All communication will be via email so it is very important that we have your current email on your application.
- Do not use a “.edu” email address as your contact email address; the Extreme Tix ticketing system rejects those email addresses and we will be unable to email you the FloydFest ticket.
- You will have the opportunity to select your shift preferences but please keep in mind that we will assign volunteers on a 1st Apply/1st Scheduled basis and where needed.
- We do our best to meet your original shift requests and times but also appreciate your FloydFest flexibility as we are working with hundreds of volunteers within a beautifully complex event.
- $20 Application Processing Fee
- This fee needs to be paid online with a credit card and the card will be charged at the time the application is submitted.
- IMPORTANT: You will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of application and application fee. This does not guarantee your acceptance as a volunteer, only confirms your application and fee were approved for consideration. Accepted volunteers will be emailed an acceptance letter with additional details within 30 days of submitting the application. If you do not receive an email within 30 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL APPLICATIONS/APPLICATION FEES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 1, 2017 FOR CONSIDERATION.
- Accepted volunteers will be sent instructions on how to pay the $295 deposit required to be a FloydFest 17 ~ Freedom volunteer. After the event, if you fulfill all volunteer commitments, payment will be refunded (if credit card was charged) or check/money order will be shredded.
- Security Deposit ($295)
- A $295 security deposit (equal to Gate Ticket price of a 5-Day General Admission FloydFest ticket) is required for all new and returning volunteers. We realize that FloydFest is lucky to have a uniquely reliable, dedicated and loyal volunteer base; to that end, we are offering (2) methods for submitting the required deposit:
- Mail in a check: Mail in a $295 security deposit via check that will be held (not cashed) in a secured location until FloydFest 17 ~ Freedom reaches its inevitable end. You will receive instructions on where to snail-mail your deposit check after your application is approved. After the festival, those volunteers who met all volunteer requirements will have their checks voided & destroyed, and those who did not meet the requirements will have their checks cashed.
- Pay via credit card: For those who do not have checks and/or prefer to use a credit card, new this year is the alternative option of submitting a $295 credit card payment after being approved as a volunteer. A link for payment will be emailed to you in your acceptance email. Please note that if paying by credit card, you will be charged the $295 and it will be refunded to you post-festival as long as all volunteer requirements are met.
All deposits are due by JULY 1, 2017. If payment is not received by this deadline, the volunteer spot is automatically forfeited.
Yes. We realize not everyone can afford the $295 deposit when applying, which is why we offer the option of mailing in a check to be held (not cashed) and only deposited post festival if volunteer commitments are not met. Volunteering is a great way to SAVE money so we are happy to provide this option to our volunteers!
- Yes, to an extent. The online application will allow you to select an area to work (labeled “JOB” on the application) and then show you the respective shift time options for that area. All shifts will be assigned on 1st Apply/1st Scheduled and where needed.
- All shifts must be within the same area. If you’d like to work in a variety of areas, select FLOATER as your “JOB” on the application.
- All Festival Volunteers must work at least one night shift (7 p.m. or later). Applications will not be approved if a night shift is not selected.
- Information on the FloydFest lineup and schedule can be found here — http://floydfest.com/schedule/. Feel free to use this site to assist you with your choosing your shifts but please remember there can be last minute changes to the FloydFest lineup.
- Once you have been assigned a shift, please fulfill your commitment. Our volunteers work in crucial areas and we’re counting on each and every one of you to help us put on the best FloydFest yet!
IMPORTANT: Please note that shifts are never set in stone as FloydFest is a beautifully complex event with changing needs. We will do our best to keep your schedule as close to finalized as possible but appreciate your flexibility in advance!
There is a field on the application where you can note if you’re signing up with a friend/family member/spouse/significant other. We will take this into consideration when confirming all shifts.
All FloydFest Festival Volunteers must be 18 years or older and in some cases (ABC) must be 21 years or older. Our volunteers all interact in some way with our festival-goers and though FloydFesters are a beautifully happy, positive and friendly breed, we do not want to subject young people to potentially stressful situations with others older or larger than themselves.
No. FloydFest volunteers are crucial to the overall success of the festival and we need all volunteers focused first on their work. Please make childcare arrangements for the times you will be on shift.
- You will first receive an email confirming receipt of application and application fee within 48 hours of submitting your online application. If you do not receive this email within 48 hours of signing up please email email@example.com.
- This does not guarantee your acceptance as a volunteer, only confirms your application and fee were approved for consideration.
- Accepted volunteers will also be emailed an acceptance email with additional details and deposit instructions.
- As soon as your deposit is received and verified, your shift preferences will be reviewed and your shift assignments emailed to you in Spring.
- This email confirms your acceptance to the 2017 FloydFest Volunteer Freedom Fighters.
- Please only apply if you are committed to working all FIVE days of the festival (Wednesday, July 26 – Sunday, July 30) , can check in on Tuesday, July 25 between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. (unless other arrangements are made with the Volunteer Coordinator), can attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation on Wednesday, July 26 at 1 p.m. or 6 p.m. and can meet all the requirements explained on the sign-up form.
- While we do take true emergencies into consideration, all other cancellations must be made no later than JULY 1, 2017 to avoid forfeiting the entire $295 deposit.
Send cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a volunteer cancels after the cancellation deadline of JULY 1, 2017.
- If a volunteer does not work all required hours (20 total). NOTE: Be sure to check in and out of every shift so your hours are logged.
- If a volunteer is problematic to festival operations, security or the law before, during or after their shift(s).
- All Festival Volunteers must check in and park at the offsite Delta Lot.
- Check-In for volunteers is between 3 and 8 p.m. on Tuesday, July 26 , unless otherwise arranged with the Volunteer Director.
- If camping in Volunteer Village (Delta Lot), you can set up camp immediately after you check in at the Volunteer Check In Tent that Tuesday. Access to the main FloydFest site begins at Noon on Wednesday, July 26 .
- There will be a Volunteer Welcome Bonfire at 9 p.m. in the Delta Lot following Festival Volunteer Check-In. Think s’mores, live music and more! Trust us; you don’t want to miss the fun!
- Even if you’ve purchased an HOV pass or X-Spot Parking Pass you can still park in Delta for Tuesday evening. NO volunteer vehicles will be allowed onsite Tuesday, July 25, 2017 .
- All Festival Volunteers should park in the Volunteer Parking area of the Delta Lot. Our parking guidelines are dictated by the constrictions of our beautiful site, Federal Parkway regulations and local law enforcement. Please respect this to avoid having your vehicle towed.
- All Festival Volunteers have the option of camping for FREE in the Volunteer Village woodsy camping area at the Delta Lot. There will be dedicated volunteer shuttles that run back and forth to the site throughout the festival.
- Planning to camp onsite? All patrons camping onsite will be required to have a Tent Tag. If you choose to camp onsite, you will need to purchase a General Admission Tent Tag via www.floydfest.com. Onsite camping begins at Noon on Wednesday, July 26, so please plan accordingly for Tuesday evening.
RV spots are available for purchase. Please visit www.floydfest.com
No. We love dogs — but FloydFest is not the place for your pooch. Only registered service animals with official licenses are permitted — email email@example.com so it can be noted and please plan to present all proper documentation at check in.
- No. You are responsible for your own snacks, meals and beverages during FloydFest.
- Water/Sports Drinks/Soda will be available during shifts at The Central Part of Town (The CePOT).
- Cold water is available to Festival Volunteers in your specific volunteer areas. There are also free festival water stations throughout the site, so please, bring your reusable containers! Fresh mountain water is delicious!
- It’s the place to be if you’re part of the FloydFest Dream Team! This is the happening spot where all volunteers, staff and workshop providers will check in.
- You’ll go here to check in and out for each shift, Orientation will be held here, the Volunteer staff are posted up here to answer any questions/help as needed and it’s where the Volunteer cooler is located so you can quench your thirst during shifts. NOTE: A site map will be provided in your check-in packet.
Our Volunteer Director is Stephanie McLaughlin . Her contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Stephanie works closely with various Area Directors and Area Managers creating shift assignments that align with Festival needs and then managing our volunteers during the festival . She is the primary contact for all Volunteer needs and/or questions.
A Volunteer Manager, is a seasoned FloydFest staff membe r who helps to facilitate the checking in and out of volunteers during the actual festival. The Volunteer Manager works closing with the Volunteer Coordinator, Staffing Coordinator, Special Projects Director and other Volunteer relate staff to manage all volunteers during the festival.
Area Directors/Managers are the folks in charge of the various festival areas where volunteers work. They are who you will check in with upon arrival to your assigned work area and who you will report to during your shift.
Right on! Let’s work together to feed our friends in Floyd County through FloydFeast — our festival food drive!
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items to donate when you check in or at some point during the festival. Drop them at The Central Part of Town (“CePOT”) or at the Delta Lot’s Info Tent.
- For every two nonperishable items or one jar of peanut bar that you donate, you’ll earn an entry towards a FloydFest prize package! The winner will be selected and announced on the Main Stage, the Sunday of FloydFest. Plenty! nourishes community and feeds hungry neighbors by growing and sharing food in Floyd County. FloydFest is proud to host a food drive at this year’s festival to benefit this amazing community organization. In 2015, FloydFeast raised more than 500 pounds in patron, staff and volunteer donations! Let’s dream even bigger this year!
Visit www.floydfest.com to get the scoop on other aspects of the festival!