Welcome. We love you, and can’t wait to see you again.
Our mission is to be the best music festival experience of our time. To sell a limited quantity of tickets to the highest quality event experience, bar none, celebrating music, art and life in an intimate, visually stunning environment.
To help achieve this mission, the following pages contain elaborations on the ticket types and festival logistics needed for you to make the most of your magical musical mountain experience.
Listed below are the basic rules of FloydFest 14: Fire on the Mountain. They are few and simple, yet extremely important to us and to the overall FloydFest experience. Help us police their observance, so we can make this more than just a festival—let’s make this our FloydFest.
- No weapons
- No outside alcohol (FloydFest features multiple contained beer and wine gardens, where adult beverages are sold for a reasonable price. Coolers will be searched; alcohol will be confiscated.)
- No drugs (Those found in possession of illegal substances will be immediately turned over to police.)
- No dogs on the festival site, campground, or parking lots
- No open-air fires
- No wristband, no admittance (Violation is trespassing and subject to eviction and arrest.)
FLOYDFEST PACKING LIST
- FloydFest tickets—print ‘em out now!
- Direction printout
- Ground pad
- ENO Hammock; if you don’t have one, you need one—visit the booth at this year’s fest!
- Phone charger
- Comfy socks
- Bandanas for face and/or hair cover
- Rain gear: Pack it, and it’s less likely to rain!
- Cool weather clothes; it gets chilly in the Blue Ridge!
- Proper “boogie shoes”
- Poison ivy cream
- Debit or credit card; ATM is located next to the FF Administrative Office on the main field
- Travel coffee mug; your Red Rooster morning coffee will stay hot longer!
- Water bottle: Thanks to our Kleen Kanteen partnership, we’re able to offer free, delicious, cold water—the way it was meant to be!
- Yoga or running clothes—the urge just might hit!
- Innova Disc golf discs (don’t have one, don’t worry: We have sweet logo-versions in the Merch Tent!)
- Vintage FloydFest merch—you’re no tourist!
FloydFest’s Green Team – We Are All A Part!
Here’s What We Ask of You:
1. Bring the Right Stuff
- leave the disposable stuff at home and bring your reusable / refillable mugs, bottles, and utensils!
- un-package any new materials at home – our space is limited.
- share items whenever possible!
- no glass – it’s unsafe and difficult to recycle locally.
2. Sort Your Stuff
- Check out our FF 2015 Recycling Guide to see what goes where.
- Here’s what you might not know:
- Caps should be placed back on bottles! Ideally, drain and squish before putting the cap back on.
- Napkins, paper towels, and waste paper are compostable!
- While plastic bags and films can’t be recycled with containers, they are recyclable at retail drop-off locations. We’ll be collecting them separately, if clean and dry, throughout the festival, to take to Food Lion.
- Keep your recycling and food waste/compostables separate from landfill trash at your campsite
- Bring your sorted bags to the Bring It! Tent (or Delta Lot Recycling Center)
- Get tickets for prize drawings, including Grand Prize VIP tickets for FloydFest 2016
- Feel great and tell your friends!
Thanks to Rubbermaid for donations of slim jim and Brute recycling bins!
3. Win Prizes! with the Bring It! Recycling Program
Want to win neat stuff for doing the right thing? FloydFest has made great strides in moving towards Zero Waste, and we need your help taking it to the next level. It’s simple: